What is the Coast Guard Auxiliary? Click on the logo (to the left) to learn more.
Welcome TO THE U.S. COAST GUARD AUXILIARY, DIVISION 7, 1ST DISTRICT (NR)
We hope you have a great time enjoying the waterways and coastal attractions of Narragansett Bay. Promoting safety on the water is our primary mission - here are some links that provide tips, tricks, and regulatory requirements of which every mariner should familiarize themselves.
- ° How to dispose of outdated flares in Rhode Island:
The State Fire Marshall's office will now accept expired marine flares at their Warwick location at 560 Jefferson Boulevard, Warwick, RI 02886. Alternatively, RI resident boat owners may also call the RI Division of State Fire Marshal offices at (401) 383-7717; staff will take the caller's information and pass it to the Fire Marshal's bomb unit. A staff member will call the owner back and direct the owner to bring the flares to the State Fire Marshal's Technical Services building in Exeter, RI.
- ° Learn to Tie Your Favorite Boating Knots
- ° USCG Boating Safety Resource Center
- ° National Safe Boating Council
- ° DSC Radio - What is it? How do I use it? What's MMSI? What's Rescue 21?
Video tutorial at http://www.boatus.com/foundation/dsc/player.html
- ° Free Automated Radio Checks - Narragansett Bay, Ch. 24
- ° Rhode Island Boating Tips, Boating Laws
- includes links to RI pumpout stations, boat launch sites, the Handbook of RI Boating Regulations, and more.