CG Auxiliary Watchstanders Needed
New England Saltwater Fishing Show
Click here to sign up ---> [March 10-12, 2017]
Welcome TO THE U.S. COAST GUARD AUXILIARY, DIVISION 7, 1ST DISTRICT (NR)
We hope you have a great time enjoying the waterways and coastal attractions of Narragansett Bay. Promoting safety on the water is our primary mission - here are some links that provide tips, tricks, and regulatory requirements of which every mariner should familiarize themselves.
- ° How to dispose of outdated flares in Rhode Island:
RI resident boat owners should call the RI Division of State Fire Marshal offices at (401) 383-7717. Staff will take the caller's information and pass it to the Fire Marshal's bomb unit. A staff member will call the owner back and direct the owner to bring the flares to the state's Technical Services building in Exeter, RI.
- ° Learn to Tie Your Favorite Boating Knots
- ° USCG Boating Safety Resource Center
- ° National Safe Boating Council
- ° DSC Radio - What is it? How do I use it? What's MMSI? What's Rescue 21?
Video tutorial at http://www.boatus.com/foundation/dsc/player.html
- ° Free Automated Radio Checks - Narragansett Bay, Ch. 24
- ° Rhode Island Boating Tips, Boating Laws
- includes links to RI pumpout stations, boat launch sites, the Handbook of RI Boating Regulations, and more.