What is the Coast Guard Auxiliary? Click on the logo (to the left) to learn more.
Welcome TO THE U.S. COAST GUARD AUXILIARY, DIVISION 7, 1ST DISTRICT (NR)
We hope you have a great time enjoying the waterways and coastal attractions of Narragansett Bay. Promoting safety on the water is our primary mission - here are some links that provide tips, tricks, and regulatory requirements of which every mariner should familiarize themselves.
- ° Learn to Tie Your Favorite Boating Knots
- ° USCG Boating Safety Resource Center
- ° National Safe Boating Council
- ° DSC Radio - What is it? How do I use it? What's MMSI? What's Rescue 21?
Video tutorial at http://www.boatus.com/foundation/dsc/player.html
- ° Free Automated Radio Checks - Narragansett Bay, Ch. 24
- ° Rhode Island Boating Tips, Boating Laws
- includes links to RI pumpout stations, boat launch sites, the 2012 Handbook of RI Boating Regulations, and more.